Some Ideas To Make Good Investments And Laws To Create A Safe Cycling Environment in London
Are you a ward councillor, member of the parliament, public officer or consultant advising authorities? You might want to do everything in your power to encourage people to cycle and make London one of the most pleasant city to live in of the world with less pollution, less noise, less stress and less accidents.
Here are some best practices from the Netherlands that can help you adapt investments and laws to courageously help London making the transition toward a greener and more resilient future.
Learn more about:
- How London was Dutch before the Dutch in terms of cycling and that there’s no reason why we can’t find it back;
- How investing in small improvements to encourage all people to cycle might be more interesting than offering expensive cycle highways or similar to the 5% already cycling;
- How to simplify your planning system to quickly make all London streets more cycle friendly.
- How voting rules to increase road user education and responsibility in favour of vulnerable road users are essential;
- How put more people on bikes will not only impact positively the environment but also local economies and local communities.